What is a Dental Hygiene Visit?
Dental Hygiene visits are when patients come to the dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings. These should be done about every 6-months for optimal oral health. During your visit you’ll meet with Dr. Krusich’s dental hygienists, either Tricia or Erin. They’ll review your medical & dental history, clean your teeth, and look for any abnormalities.
Dr. Krusich’s team takes great pride in utilizing the most modern tools including panoramic X-rays and intra-oral camera’s. These new oral cameras provide closer looks at cracks and cavities and enable YOU to see what your hygienist and Dr. Krusich see.
If during your visit, your hygienist notices anything, she will notify Dr. Krusich who will take a closer look as well. From there any treatment options or treatment plans can be discussed.
All hygiene visits take place in our Overland Park office that’s conveniently located at 11111 Nall Avenue, Suite 106, Leawood, KS 66211
Patient Success Stories
Our patients become like family to us. It’s like visiting old friends. In fact, lets watch as Tricia (who’s been with the practice for 17-years!) talks with Joe N. from Leawood who’s been a patient for over 50 years!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gEDNerKkqv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Advantages & Disadvantages of regular hygiene visits
Advantages of Hygiene Check-ups
- Regular check-ups ensure your oral health.
- Helps you maintain a bright, clean smile.
- Spots any dental issues including cavities, gingivitis (swollen gums), periodontitis (gum disease) and chipped or cracked teeth.
- Early warnings for any type of oral cancers [link to Oral Cancer Screenings page].
Disadvantages of Hygiene Check-ups
- Other than time and any nominal fees, there are none.
What to Expect During Your Hygiene Visit
- Your hygienist will go over any medical changes you may have experienced since your last visit.
- Tricia or Erin will visually inspect your teeth, gums, and tongue for any abnormalities.
- They will manually remove any tarter around, between, and along the gum line.
- Tricia or Erin may take X-rays or show you close-ups of specific teeth utilizing an intra-oral camera.
- And finally, Dr. Krusich will visit to look things over, explain any treatment interventions that may be necessary, and answer any questions.
Insurance and Routine Dental Hygiene Appointments
Dr. Krusich accepts most of the major dental insurance plans including Delta Dental, Cigna, Aetna, and Met Life. However each provider, and plans offered within each insurance carrier, vary. Your regular check-up may be covered but we won’t know for sure until you work with Shelly or Becky, our insurance specialist. Becky will work to determine exactly what your insurance provider offers, the frequency allowed, and the procedures permitted.
Dr. Krusich also realizes that not everyone has dental insurance and that many patients pay for their hygiene visits out-of-pocket. For those patients, we accept, cash, check, or major credit cards.
Even if you have to pay for your visits out-of-pocket, don’t skip regular dental hygiene visits just to save a little money though. Regular visits help spot small problems before they become, larger, more expensive problems, down the road.
Call our office at 913-383-2600 to schedule your appointment today.